Best in Show: NOV-DEC – Bertram Cross, “Orchids”
January 2024 Monthly Show is now OPEN
The deadline to enter is DEC 29th @ noon. All shows could close earlier if they fill up, so no longer delay in entering shows, or calendar reminders to help you schedule.
Take-in: TUESDAY, JAN 2, 10 am – 1 pm
JAN Juror: Denise Cerro
Annual State of the Organization Members Meeting: JAN 7, 1 pm – 2:15 pm
Reception: January 7, 3 pm -5 pm
Demo & Expression: Resumes on January 4, 2024, at 1:30 pm
All Members must be in good standing to participate in the activities at the North Coastal Art Gallery.
Our entries are done online. Payment is required when completing the application, via Paypal, Credit Cards, and Debit cards are accepted. Fees are non-refundable. Chargebacks cost the COAL money.
- Enter Members Monthly Show (Shows could close earlier if filled)
- Members/Non-Members: SIS Show. You may replace your art pieces if sold for a fee of $10 each payable at the gallery when you replace the artwork.)
- Members Only HOSTING Calendar Link:. You must host 1 sitting, Ix for each month, Please note: You can only view this, not add information. The Hosting Calendar link is also provided in your verification email, and on your invoice.
Quick Tutorial (being updated) on How to Enter a Monthly Show
We need Volunteer Members to assist us Please, signup to volunteer at some level in support of the Gallery.
- Art on the Green: See details/payment
- Baffle Artists: As announced via eblast.
- Jewelry / 3D artists
- Pedestal Artists (3D)
- Various Shows/Events
- Artist Website Page: Signup for an Artist Page (Fee-based)
- FREE Opportunities: At the gallery storefront
- Enter to Sell your art in front of the gallery (reception days exception)
- Stage a Free Demonstration anytime, in front of the gallery
- Host an Artist Reception (Requirements apply)
- Volunteering: Signup Application or Signup Tasks and Special Needs
The COAL/NCAG’s policies, procedures, and forms governing the League’s operations are listed below. Everything is at your fingertips and is intended to educate you in order to be used as a reference for the League’s current information required for being a Member.
- Welcome letter with Members’ information to print (SAVE)
- Art Categories
- Art Show Rules & Guidelines
- How to Prepare Your Art Guidelines
- Summary of all our Show details
- Best of Show Winners
- Monthly Show Winners
- Demo Artists – Demos & Expressions
- Gallery Hosts Substitutes, Fee-Based
- Hosting Calendar (Viewable only) – Choose your dates.
- Apply for Members Parking Permit – Signup
- Card / Shrink-Wrap Guidelines
- Holiday Cards and Ornaments Guidelines
- Newsletter Advertising Policy
We do not accept early payment to secure placement. This payment feature is available for payment on the day of only for Members and Non-Members, and as directed by the Director of Art on the Green. Fee-based: Art on the Green, exhibit and sell your artwork every weekend (Sat and/or Sun) at the Carlsbad Inn front lawn (weather permitting). Entrance is fee-based; Members: $20/day and $35 for both days. on-Members (juried in) $40/day and $75 for both days. Must have a Sellers Permit, (see info here), and no commissions are paid to the Gallery. Contact Deb Capetz for details at [email protected]. More info to come!
Gallery Opportunity for Members
You have an opportunity to hang art on one Baffle Panel, for a (2-month term). Preview the Display Instructions before signing up. After completing your application you will be provided an Artists Agreement. Payments are non-refundable, so please review the instructions carefully. Space is limited to 16 artists per session on a first-come-first-serve basis. Applications are now closed through JUNE/JULY 2024. We will reopen for SEPT/OCT in January 2024. The fee is $83 for 2 months, non-refundable, and will not close until this session is full. Apply/Pay here. Thank you.
Opportunity for Members
You have an opportunity to participate in a juried process to secure a (2-month term) placement. 15.5”w x 11.5”d X 15” h, load weight bearing 5 lbs, enclosed glass shelf. Preview the Jewelers /3D Instructions. Contact the Gallery Manager for further details at [email protected]. If accepted you will be redirected here to pay enter your application details to secure your placement. Space is limited so act now. New Jewelers or 3D Tower artists Apply/Pay here. Fee-based $42 for 2 months, non-refundable.
Jewelers and 3D Pedestal Guidelines
Gallery Opportunity for Members
You have an opportunity to participate in a juried process to secure a (2-month term) for placement on one of two available columns, 14″x14″ with a 12″x12″ inch with an acrylic shielded base, load weight bearing 30lbs maximum. Space is limited to one pedestal per artist (only 3 are available in total), Contact the Gallery Manager for further details at [email protected]. If accepted you will be redirected here to pay and enter your application details. Space is limited so act now Apply/Pay here.. Fee-based,$31 for 2 months, non-refundable.
Become a Gallery artist on our website ARTIST PAGE
As a current member of the Carlsbad Oceanside Art League (COAL), you are registering to have your artist page displayed on the COAL/NCAG website. You must include the following:
- A high-reso photo of yourself not over 2 mg.
- An Artist Statement and/or Bio as filled out below
- Upload 6 high-reso photos of your artwork, not over 2 mg each
- Acknowledge the Waiver to Hold Harmless the COAL/NCAG for any works that are copied from the website without your permission.
- A registration fee of $45.00 is payable on this application.
- Updates to your artist page are $5.00 each to help defray our website’s monthly hosting costs.
Please allow 7 days to complete the process and get your page up and running
Apply Here: The Application is specific to the details needed.
Toys for Tots at the Gallery, November – December 12. Such a huge success at the gallery so let’s get back into the spirit this year and share our location with all your friends, tell them to stop by enjoy the art, help out a little one, and donate.
“MADD HATTERS – JINGLES” December 3, 2pm-5pm. Holiday at the Gallery Storefront. Nothing is short of magical during the holidays for a child. Painting and drawing on 3D ornaments. We are looking for fun-loving volunteers. Contact [email protected].
June 13, 2024, Live Model Drawing in the Gallery. Coming Again Next Year 2024. Signups and scheduling are in process for 2024
Sip n’ Paint Along in the Gallery, August 15, 2024 A Huge Success! Coming Again Next Year 2024. Signups and scheduling are in process for 2024